So I know this hasn’t been the best week for me and making sure you all had your information, but I promise you there will be plenty of good things to come over the next few weeks. I will continue to do my weekly rankings, but with the WFTDA Playoffs now going to be behind us I will be able to devote some time to the bigger projects that I’ve started but haven’t been able to complete. So not a lot new here, but here is a list of upcoming blogs (you could easily consider some of these to be essays, and some will be multiple parts)(in no particular order):
- Complete Playoff Recap
- Review of Playoff Modifier Implications
- WFTDA Rankings System Analysis (hint: it works, kind of)
- Alternative Playoff Options (better bouts, cost implications, travel, growth, etc)
- Bout Length, i.e. Is 30 minute halves really necessary? (This I cant wait to dive into the numbers from a game play perspective, but its more than that. If WFTDA went to 20 minute halves that means an entire bout could be completed in under an hour, and that would be much more TV friendly if WFTDA is looking to get something on ESPN, FoxSports, NBCSports (they aired team cross-fit competitions for crying out loud).
- Reader Suggestions (keep them coming and I will gladly do what I can)
- Regionalization (yes I made that word up, but you all know what I mean)
So there are just a few of the bigger ones. I hope this leads to some great discussions in the future. Thanks for sticking with me thru the move to WordPress, it has made things so much easier on my end and hopefully that will lead to me being able to provide you with more and better analysis. Until the next time.